"Voices from the Field" Podcast Series
The Voices from the Field, a podcast series produced by the National Collaborating Centre for Aboriginal Health (NCCAH), focuses on innovative research and community-based initiatives promoting the health and well-being of First Nation, Inuit and Metis peoples in Canada.
- Read the related podcast announcement
- Listen to the SounCloud playlist, including the episodes listed below
- Nehiyawak Land and Language Camp: Revitalizing Indigenous languages for health and well-being with Belinda Daniels (speaker bio and transcript)
- Birthing experiences of First Nations women from northern and remote communities with Dr. Jaime Cidro (speaker bio and transcript)
- Indigenous Physicians Lisa Richardson and Jason Pennington win the 2017 Dr. Thomas Dignan Indigenous Health Award (speaker bio and transcript)
Resouces from past webinars
The webinar resources from "What's new is really old: Trauma informed health practices through an understanding of historic trauma", delivered by Dr. Patricia Makokis and Dr. Margo Greenwood on April 21, 2017, are now available online. Please follow the links listed below to access these digital resources
- Watch the NCCAH Webinar on YouTube
- Listen to the NCCAH Webinar on SoundCloud
- Download the presentation PDF
- Download the PowerPoint show
- Post webinar resource link list PDF
- Read the full announcement
The webinar resources from "Two Spirit! Let's Hear It! - An Introduction to Two-Spirit Health", delivered by Dr. Sarah Hunt on April 12, 2017, are now available online. Please follow the links listed below to access these digital resources.