Categories : Conferences/ Events
Join infectious disease experts from the University of Manitoba for a free panel presentation on the novel coronavirus (named 2019-nCoV) from noon to 1pm (CT) on Wednesday, February 5, 2020. The event will be livestreamed.
A forum open to all
A newly identified coronavirus named #2019-nCoV was reported in China at the end of 2019 and has now been identified in several other countries. The University of Manitoba's Department of Community Health Sciences has decided to host a forum to discuss the impacts of this virus on people at the University of Manitoba, as well as in communities elsewhere in Canada and throughout the world.
The presentation will take place in the Frederic Gaspard Theatre in the Basic Medical Science Building (Bannatyne Campus).
This presentation will be available via livestream.
Panel Participants (three minutes each)
Moderator: Dr. Joel Kettner, department of community health sciences
- Dr. Brent Roussin, Chief provincial public health officer, Province of Manitoba
- Dr. John Embil, Infection control physician, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
- Dr. Michelle Driedger, department of community health sciences
- Dr. Pat Boreskie, resident, emergency medicine
- Inez Vystrcil-Spence, citizen, Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation, Nelson House
- Tom Brodbeck, columnist, Winnipeg Free Press
- Yiduo Zhao, student, dental hygiene program
- A Public Health Agency of Canada National Microbiology Lab employee
- A primary care nurse or nurse practitioner